10.22.2017

TASTES | garlic thyme chicken noodle soup (with dumplings).


Hi friends! The weather is getting colder so you know what that means. Soup time. 

With that being said, I have really been craving some chicken and dumpling soup lately so I decided to come up with a new recipe that ties in some new, yet classic, flavors to keep my palate interested. 

Let me tell you, it turned out amazing, too. It was simple, quick, and super easy to make as well! 

Read on if you are interested in trying out this new recipe! 



Soup ingredients
48 oz of chicken broth
Egg noodles
2 chicken breasts
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery 
3-4 garlic cloves
2 stems dried thyme 
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions


First up - grab a big stock pot and fill 'er up with your chicken broth. Get it nice and boiling, then we can begin to add some ingredients. 


Now here is the key to this recipe, the garlic. Grab 3-4 cloves of garlic, peel them, then take the side of our knife and smash them. (Yes, just smash them.) Thrown 'em into the broth, let it stew.


Take your veggies, give 'em a rough chop. I like them with a little body left to 'em since they will be cooking in the soup for awhile. I like to be able to see the chunks of veggies, and not have to worry about them disintegrating. Add 'em to the soup, let them cook for 5 minutes.


Then add the noods and chopped, cooked chicken. You could go with thick egg noodles, thin, long, short, etc. Your preference entirely. Just make sure the are egg noodles. Cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat or until your noodles are soft but not too soft. El dente as the Italian's say. 

While your soup is stewing away, it's dumpling time. 



Dumpling ingredients
1 cup flour
2  teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 table spoon butter
Salt/pepper to taste
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup milk


Mix your dry ingredients and butter. Make sure the butter is cold. Cut it in until there are just small little pieces of butter within the dry mix. 


Add your milk. 


Mix until it is combined. It should be a slightly sticky dough.


Add in your thyme. I usually error on the side of more since I like some flava' in my dumplings, but your call. You do you. 


Mix it all together. 


Ball it up. I like the dumplings to be about an inch in circumference, but some people like them smaller, some bigger. Again, your call. 


Drop it into the soup, and make sure the soup is hot, if not boiling.  Put the lid on the pot and simmer the soup with the dumplings for 10 to 15 minutes. Until they are cooked through. They should still taste a little doughy, but not sticky. 


And wah-lah! There is your garlic thyme chicken noodle soup. Let me tell you, this is BOMB. Please try it, and if you like it let me know! I love soup season, so I'm hoping to try making some new soups as the months get colder. 


Hope you all enjoy it as much as this loser did. 


Much love, 
Rach. 

If you like this post, please make sure to follow me via GFC  or Bloglovin' to stay up to date with posts. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god this sounds amazing. Thank you for sharing this!

    xx
    Ellie
    City Brewed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I hope you get the chance to try it! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks and sounds so good and brings me such great childhood memories; I used to only scoop out s d eat the dumplings, lol! I’ll have to make this, Thanks for sharing, girl!

    Xo,

    I haven’t decorated pumpkins since I was a little kid, can you believe that?! I definitely want to this year, they make for the perfect seasonal/holiday decor and you can do many designs with them! Thanks for sharing and I hope you’re having s great start to your week so far!

    Xo,
    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the blog! I will try to respond to as many comments as possible. If you would like a quicker response, please email me (rachg.423@gmail.com) or tweet me (@sohirach)!